When a young person reaches the age of 18, they can use the services of their local Jobcentre Plus Office.
Jobcentre Plus offers extra support for people with learning difficulties or disabilities. Disability Employment Advisers (DEAs) can offer a range of additional services to clients. These may include:
- Assessments to see what sort of work/training suits you best.
- Work Preparation – can help you to identify suitable work and to gain work experience.
- Job Introduction Scheme – this pays a grant to employers for the first six weeks in employment to help cover costs.
- Access to work – financial help towards equipment, adapting premises, or paying for a support worker or transport to work.
- Job Matching to suitable vacancies.
- Workstep – support for those facing complex barriers in the search for work. Can include training.
- New Deal for Disabled People – help with training and the support of a job broker once employed.
Ask at the Jobcentre Plus office in Harrow for more information.
There are two Jobcentre Plus Offices in Harrow:
12-14 Station Rd
Both share the same tel no: 020 8426 3000